The oldest Minnesota State University structure, the Riverview classroom building, was originally constructed in 1913 at St. Cloud State University. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1988, the goal of the 2008-09 renovation project was to restore the original beauty, condition and character to this historic classroom building.
Faced with challenges ranging from removal of existing lead painted windows, to matching oversized windows and existing window details, JELD-WEN was selected for the task.
As the project is located on the bank of the Mississippi River, the building is exposed to high winds and the extreme temperatures of harsh Minnesota winters. A customized panning system was developed to not only match the original brickmould, but to meet or exceed the high level of air and water performance ratings demanded by the architectural design requirements.
Working for three years in concert with the architect, the JELD-WEN Architectural Consultants assisted with design elements as well specification writing.
The project’s scope included the renovation of 147 openings with JELD-WEN Custom Wood windows featuring radius and transom windows and five complete door systems comprised of JELD-WEN Aurora® Custom Fiberglass doors with custom clad door frames.
Upon completion, the St. Cloud Heritage Preservation Commission presented St. Cloud State University with an Historic Preservation Building Rehabilitation/Restoration Award in June, 2010.
- Custom Wood Double-Hung Windows with AuraLast® Wood (pine) and exterior cladding
- ENERGY STAR® qualified for energy efficiency
- Custom Wood Radius Windows with AuraLast Wood (pine) and exterior cladding
- Unique 5/8" SDL bars to match original design
- Aurora Custom Fiberglass Doors with custom clad door frames
- ADA-compliant panic hardware, closers and thresholds
- Architect: Ellen Luken Architects - Minneapolis, MN
- Builder: Boser Construction - Sauk Rapids, MN
- Dealer: J and B Window Installation - Becker, MN